Foundation In IT Service Management
This accredited ITIL® Foundation certification course provides you with a general overview
Learning OutcomesThe course is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables you to understand a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System (SVS).
ITIL 4 takes you through a more evolved view of a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
- Key concepts of service management
- Key concepts of value creation
- Key concepts of service relationships
- Components of the ITIL service value system
- The ITIL service value chain
- The four dimensions of service management
- ITIL practices
- The seven ITIL guiding principles
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Individuals working in other parts of IT (digital, product, development) with a strong interface to service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
PrerequisitesThere are no mandatory prerequisites, however, work experience in IT services is recommended.
Advanced CurriculumStudents wishing to advance their ITIL education, can take any of the following individual courses or may decide to attain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) Certification, ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) Certification or ITIL Master
ITIL Managing Professional Transition CertificateThe Managing Professional Transition module is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who are ITIL Experts or who have achieved 17 credits from across the v3 scheme to transition to ITIL 4. Candidates can achieve the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation through one course and one exam. This course is slated to be released in October 2019.
After achieving the ITIL 4 Managing Professional (ITIL MP) designation, if the candidate is interested in pursuing the ITIL Strategic Leader stream, they would only need to complete the ITIL Leader Digital & Strategy module to become eligible for ITIL Master
ITIL Managing Professional CertificateITIL MP targets IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across businesses. The Managing Professional (MP) stream provides practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows. ITIL 4 Managing Professional (ITIL MP) consists of four modules:
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan & Improve
- ITIL Strategist Direct, Plan & Improve
- ITIL Leader Digital & IT Strategy module
These courses are slated to be released in late 2019 to early 2020. After achieving the ITIL Managing Professional (ITIL MP) designation, if the candidate is interested in pursuing the ITIL Strategic Leader stream, they would only need to complete the ITIL Leader Digital & Strategy module to become eligible for ITIL® Master.
ITIL Strategic LeaderITIL Strategic Leader recognizes the value of ITIL, not just for IT Operations, but for all digitally enabled services. Becoming an ITIL Strategic Leader (ITIL SL) demonstrates that the professional has a clear understanding of how IT influences and directs business strategy.
Both modules are valuable independently, but both must be completed to obtain the ITIL Strategic Leader designation.
The ITIL Strategist Direct Plan & Improve certification is due to be released in late 2019 to early 2020. The ITIL Leader Digital & IT Strategy module will be released in 2020.
ITIL MasterDetails about how to attain the ITIL Master Certification are in development.
*For questions or to register, please contact: Jill Zimmerman – firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-547-7827
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.